City of Edmonton Strike Vote Notice
Posted on 1/31/2024
On January 25, 2024, CSU 52 sent to the Alberta Labour Relations Board a strike vote application affecting the City of Edmonton. CSU 52 will be conducting a vote to determine if the majority of eligible employees who vote authorize taking strike action against the Employer.
The electronic vote:
- Starts at 9:00 am on Friday, February 9, 2024
and will be available continuously until it
- Finishes at 3:00 pm on Monday, February 12, 2024
How It Works
- The vote will be by ELECTRONIC VOTING only (online) using Smart Ballot
- Those who are new to using Smart Ballot with CSU 52 will receive an email directly from Smart Ballot before February 8 - you will need to verify your email to be able to vote
- On Thursday, February 8, the day before voting opens, all eligible voters whom we have personal email addresses for will receive an email from Smart Ballot - please be sure to check your junk/spam/promotional folders
- If you do not receive an email from Smart Ballot by the time voting opens at 9:00 AM on February 9, and you believe you are eligible to vote (e.g. on a Leave of Absence or temporarily in an out-of-scope position), please contact Brandi Thorne as soon as possible at [email protected] or 780-784-2670
If you are unable to view the below PDF, click here to view it in a new tab.