EDLC Winter School 2023
Posted on 1/13/2023
We are pleased to offer spots to 45 members to attend the Edmonton & District Labour Council's Annual Labour School program, taking place in person the weekend of February 25-26, 2023 at Concordia University. The spots will be given on a first-come, first-serve basis, with priority given to members that serve on a committee, Shop Stewards, Red Shirt Captains, and Core team members.
There are six different courses to choose from, and past participants of this program have found them to be helpful in increasing their professional skills as effective union members. While the Basic Shop Steward and Advanced Shop Steward courses are being offered by EDLC, these courses are not options through our offering.
Deadline to submit your registration is Friday, January 20 at noon. The online registration form link as at the bottom of this page.
- Registration fees are being covered by CSU 52 (no cost to you) - fees include a conference kit, workshop material, coffee, and lunch on Saturday
- CSU 52 will email each registrant after January 20th to inform them whether their spot is confirmed or will be put on a waiting list
- If a confirmed registrant is scheduled to work during the below course hours, they may request for a Leave Letter (more info will be provided later)
- If a confirmed registrant is not scheduled to work during the below course hours, then the member will be attending on their own time (wage replacement is not being offered if you are not missing work)
- Parking is available on site for $3/day - please keep any receipts to be able to be reimbursed by CSU 52
- Note: EDLC strongly encourages masking for all attendees
Saturday, February 25, 2023 - 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
(lunch will be provided by EDLC; Saturday only)
Sunday, February 26, 2023 - 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM
Concordia University of Edmonton
7128 Ada Blvd
Click on each thumbnail image below to open it in a new tab.
Course List & Class Schedule
Course Descriptions 1/2
Course Descriptions 2/2
Please note that the presenters for these courses are Labour Advocates and other union members, and that the information provided may not directly reflect CSU 52's vision or direction and should be taken as information only. If you have questions about how CSU 52 handles certain matters, please contact the CSU 52 Office and ask to speak to a Labour Relations Officer.