Posted April 28, 2015
Brothers and Sisters,
As you are aware, Premier Jim Prentice has called an election and Albertans will be going to the polls on May 5.
As a Coalition we have been paying close attention as news has unfolded and would like to have a conversation with you about this election and what it means to you, your families and union members in general.
On April 29, 2015 at 7:00 PM we will be holding a telephone town hall for all Coalition members. A telephone town hall is similar to a conventional town hall, except to participate all you need to do is answer your phone when we call and stay on the line. You will then be able to listen in to the discussion and participate by asking questions.
This event will be hosted by representatives from our Coalition unions:
- Steve Bradshaw – President, ATU 569
- Lanny Chudyk – President, CSU 52
- Mike Scott – President, CUPE 30
- Vince Monck – 1st Vice President, EFFU 209
- Jimmy Connor – Business Manager, IBEW 1007
- Liam Peuramaki – Coalition of Edmonton Civic Unions
In the days prior to the telephone town hall, you will receive an automated voice message, reminding you of the event and encouraging you to participate by answering our call on April 29 at 7:00 PM. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact your union office.
Coalition of Edmonton Civic Unions
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT THE TELEPHONE TOWN HALL MEETING
- This is strictly a telephone-based event, there is no physical event to go to. Simply answer the phone call you will receive on April 29 at around 7:00 PM. The event will end by 8:00 PM.
- If you miss the call, you can dial 877-229-8493 with a PIN code 113433
- During the event, the presidents of each Coalition union will be on the line speaking about the upcoming election. You will be able to engage with the speakers by asking questions.
- There will be discussion about the election in general (and the parties involved), but there will also be more specific topics like what it could mean for LAPP.
- If you do not wish to participate, simply do not accept the call or hang up at any time.