Updated: August 19, 2019
Welcome to the Elections 2019 page.
The Union’s Constitution & Bylaws regulates the election procedure for Board of Directors positions. Bylaws Article 5 details duties of Election Officers, how Election Officers are elected, how nominations are made and accepted, how Members qualify to be nominated, and when election dates take place.
- Be an Active member of CSU 52 in good standing
- Have Shop Steward and/or Committee experience
- Have attended (during the period of October 1, 2018 to September 30, 2019) a minimum of six (6) regularly scheduled:
· General Meetings, and/or
· Shop Steward Training Sessions, and/or
· Unit Meetings of the Contractual Unit to which the nominee belongs
- Not be an Election Officer
For the most up to date Attendance Records, please visit the Recent Meeting Minutes page. A member’s recorded attendance for meetings which qualify towards nomination are indicated by the digit ‘1’.
All positions are for 2-year terms: January 1, 2020 to December 31, 2021
- First Vice-President | Incumbent: Laurie Fiorilli
- Treasurer | Incumbent: Leo Derkach
- Contractual Unit Director, City of Edmonton | Incumbent: Tracy Foran
- Contractual Unit Director, TELUS World of Science – Edmonton | Incumbent: Bernadette Blakey
The position of Chief Shop Steward (Incumbent: Amanda Hall) will be elected by the Shop Stewards Assembly at the November 19, 2019 Shop Steward Training Session.
Nominations were accepted at the June 4, 2019 General Membership Meeting for one (1) Assistant Returning Officer and two (2) Union Scrutineers. The 2019 Election Officers are:
- Kim Woolgar | Returning Officer (appointed by the Assistant Returning Officer)
- Esther Anderson | Assistant Returning Officer
- Greg Novak | Union Scrutineer
- Darlene Woodham | Union Scrutineer