Posted August 6, 2020
Updated September 17, 2020
The election cycle for Board of Directors positions is upon us. Nominations are now being accepted until the October 6, 2020 deadline. This page will be updated as we progress through the timeline – election results must be completed by December 31, 2020.
Questions or feedback regarding the election process can be sent to Becky Machnee, Assistant Returning Officer at email@example.com
DO YOU QUALIFY TO BE NOMINATED?
- Be an Active member of CSU 52 in good standing
- Have Shop Steward and/or Committee experience
- Have attended (during the period of October 1, 2019 to September 30, 2020) a minimum of six (6) regularly scheduled:
· General Meetings, and/or
· Shop Steward Training Sessions, and/or
· Unit Meetings of the Contractual Unit to which the nominee belongs
- Not be an Election Officer
Members who have attended the minimum six meetings have their names highlighted in orange. Records as of September 17, 2020:
ALTERNATIVE ONLINE NOMINATION FORM
An alternative contactless method that does not require the need to print, scan and email the Nomination Form is available.
The nominee and each of the nominators must write a statement that is signed and dated. An image file (photo) of each statement must then be submitted along with the required information. The person filling out the online form, whether it be the nominee or one of the nominators, should have all of the signature image files in order to upload them.
If you require assistance, please call the Union Office at 780-448-8900 between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday.
See the Online Nomination Form for more details:
All positions are for 2-year terms: January 1, 2021 to December 31, 2022
- President | Incumbent: Lanny Chudyk
- Second Vice-President | Incumbent: Pierre Blanchette
- Chief Trustee | Incumbent: Donna Demyen
- Contractual Unit Director, Edmonton Public Library | Incumbent: Lori Jeffery-Heaney
- Contractual Unit Director, EPCOR | Incumbent: Teresa Doblanko
- Contractual Unit Director, Capital Power | Incumbent: Tyler Dys
Nominations were accepted during the online June 23, 2020 General Membership Meeting for one (1) Assistant Returning Officer and two (2) Union Scrutineers. The 2020 Election Officers are:
- Ariel Bowering | Returning Officer (appointed by the Assistant Returning Officer)
- Becky Machnee | Assistant Returning Officer
- Greg Novak | Union Scrutineer
- Laura Raynor | Union Scrutineer