EDLC Labour School - Spring 2024
We are pleased to offer spots to CSU 52 members to attend the Edmonton & District Labour Council's Annual Labour School program, taking place in person the weekend of March 2-3, 2024 at the Chateau Louis Conference Centre. Spots will be given on a first-come, first-serve basis, with priority given to members who serve on a committee (including the Shop Stewards Assembly).
There are five courses to choose from. While the Basic Shop Steward and Advanced Shop Steward courses are being offered by EDLC, these courses are not options through CSU 52's offering.
- Registration fees are being covered by CSU 52 (no cost to you) - fees include a conference kit, workshop material, morning coffee, three snack breaks and lunch on Saturday
- Please register by 12:00 p.m. noon on Friday, February 2, 2024
- EDLC will contact each registrant to confirm their registration status
- If your registration is confirmed and you are scheduled to work during the below course hours, you may request for a Leave Letter
- If you are not scheduled to work during the below course hours, then you will be attending on your own time (wage replacement is only offered if work is being missed to attend)
- Free parking is available on site
March 2, 2024
8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
March 3, 2024
9:00 AM to 1:00 PM
Click on a thumbnail image below to enlarge.
Course List & Class Schedule
Course Descriptions 1/2
Course Descriptions 2/2
Please note that the presenters for these courses are Labour Advocates and other union members, and that the information provided may not directly reflect CSU 52's vision or direction and should be taken as information only. If you have questions about how CSU 52 handles certain matters, please contact the CSU 52 Office and ask to speak to a Labour Relations Officer.