Welcome to the Elections 2016 page. Updates on the CSU 52 Board of Directors Election will be posted here.
Updated October 27, 2016
Thank you to all Members who voted in this year’s Board of Directors Election!
The official results are as follows:
- Lanny Chudyk – received 442 votes (of 842; 52.5%)
- James Rockey – received 400 votes (of 842; 47.5%)
Lanny Chudyk was re-elected and will serve another term of 2 years.
Thursday, October 27, 2016 – CLICK HERE FOR LIST OF POLL LOCATIONS AND TIMES
5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Friday, October 21, 2016
@ the Norwood Legion – 11150 82 Street NW, Edmonton
One block east of Commonwealth Stadium LRT Station
9:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Thursday, October 20, 2016
@ the CSU 52 Office – 10212 112 Street NW, Edmonton
Rear entrance only after 4:30 p.m.
Nominations for Board of Directors positions were accepted at the October 4, 2016 General Meeting. The following positions were elected by acclamation:
- *Pierre Blanchette | Second Vice President/Secretary of the Board – 2-Year Term
- Donna Demyen | Chief Trustee – 2-Year Term
- Lori Jeffery-Heaney | Contractual Unit Director, Edmonton Public Library – 2-Year Term
- Teresa Doblanko | Contractual Unit Director, EPCOR – 2-Year Term
- Kevin Parry | Contractual Unit Director, Capital Power – 2-Year Term
(will continue to sit on the Board without voting rights until attendance requirements are met)
*As a result of Pierre Blanchette accepting a different Board position, his current position of Contractual Unit Director, City of Edmonton must be filled for a 1-year term. Nominations (and an election, if required) will be held at the December 6, 2016 General Meeting.
An election is required for the position of President – 2-Year Term. The nominees are:
- Lanny Chudyk
Nominations were accepted at the June 7, 2016 General Membership Meeting for one (1) Assistant Returning Officer and two (2) Union Scrutineers. The 2016 Election Officials are:
- Kim Woolgar | Returning Officer
- Laurie Fiorilli | Assistant Returning Officer
- Sandra Giesler | Union Scrutineer
- Darlene Woodham | Union Scrutineer